3-Year Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner Programme
2013-2015, Residential, Chalet Ganesha
led by Jacqueline Teoh
Shamanism and Reiki
Shamanism, humankind’s most ancient spiritual practice spanning over 40’000 years, was practiced by our ancestors for problem solving and healing. Reiki, a healing technique of channeling Universal Life Force energy, was re-discovered in Japan in the early 1900’s by Dr. Mikao Usui. "Since the discovery of his early writings, it becomes clear that Dr. Usui was indeed a follower of Buddhism but he was also a believer in various shamanic concepts, and he practiced shamanic techniques" - Jim PathFinder Ewing, author of Reiki Shamanism (2008).
Shamanism teaches us how to have direct revelation from working with the “invisible realms” of energy and spirit, to create harmony and balance in our lives and for the earth, our home. This is achieved through the practices of soul healing, healing with songs and nature, ceremonies and rituals, and transfiguration. Reiki provides a simple yet profound method of focusing Universal Life Force energy, using sacred symbols and sounds, meditation practices and healing attunements to heal oneself and our world.
“Shamanism and Reiki are by themselves, powerful paths to healing. Together, their power multiplies” - Llyn Roberts and Robert Levy authors of Shamanic Reiki (2008).
I have been called by my teachers and helpers in spiritual reality to start teaching Shamanic Reiki to my Reiki students and the time is now! My clients and I have experienced the deep healing that can take place with the alchemy of Shamanism and Reiki. Shamanism has helped me as a Reiki practitioner, to understand some of the phenomena that can occur during (and as a result of) Reiki treatments that my traditional Reiki training was not able to entirely explain. I am pleased to offer this long-term training to help Reiki practitioners safely and deeply explore an expanded paradigm of well-being that is essential to our own and the planet’s health, as we dance together through increasingly complex and challenging times.
With bright blessings!
Founder, Living Resonance
Shamanic Reiki Master Teacher
3-Year Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner Training Programme
The Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner training is an intensive programme which will allow one to awaken to the spiritual (non-ordinary) reality, experience the ancient healing powers of shamanic practices woven into the energy medicine of Reiki.
This three-year training is specifically designed for Reiki practitioners who wish to expand their traditional Reiki healing practice by integrating ancient techniques of shamanism into their practice to bring their path to a completely new level of spiritual insight and healing ability with a view to becoming skilled Shamanic Reiki Master practitioners. The Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner Programme is made up of nine five-day components over three years, with ongoing supervised homework. Each component builds on the previous component and is vital for the step-by-step personal and spiritual development of the Shamanic Reiki practitioner. This programme does not "certify" one to be a shaman or a shamanic practitioner/healer (there is no such thing as certifying shamans), as it is the successful results in shamanic healing that make a person recognized by his/her clients and/or community as a shaman or shamanic healer.
The training will include, but will not be limited to, the following areas of work that will be further supplemented by ceremony, Reiki Master and healing attunement via symbols and transmission; initiation and pilgrimage:
· Shamanic Reiki as a way of life: understanding and experiencing our bodies as sacred vessels to receive and radiate Universal Life Force Energy (Rei-ki). Understanding the world of spirits, connecting and communicating with nature as the “visible face of the Divine”. Deepening the practice of shamanic divination by learning how to journey and divine information, both at the request for oneself and for others. Energetic practices (including the use of crystals, Usui/Tibetan Reiki symbols, stones) that heal, expand consciousness and heighten intuition will be taught and experienced. Navigating through non-ordinary (expanded) reality and creating Medicine Wheels to give and receive Shamanic Reiki healings. Retrieving and receiving Shamanic Reiki guides and power objects.
· Shadow Work/”Know Thyself”: using the Shamanic Journeying technique, ceremonial mask work, art, theatre and Reiki methods/symbols to uncover the shadow and to heal. Understanding the importance of being a Healed Healer before walking the path as a Spiritual Warrior. Understanding the nature of the shadow and our own shadows in two parts: Part One - unconcealing the shadow: Part Two – owning our shadows and bringing our shadows into the light for healing.
· Integrated Soul Healing: understanding the nature of illness from a shamanic perspective. Using advanced shamanic and Reiki methods of extracting and transmuting energetic intrusions in the body, removing deleterious energetic cords and energetic foot root clearing. Conduct comprehensive absentee Shamanic Reiki healing sessions. This covers an in-depth training of Soul Retrieval (conducted as a 5-day component) and Shamanic Reiki Compassionate Depossession.
· Death as a Sacred Ally: understanding death as a sacred transition and ally to help us prepare for our own death as well as for living our lives. Explore the map in the non-ordinary reality where our souls might travel to after death; using shamanic and Reiki tools to help a dying person cross over onto the other side as well as helping the spirits of the deceased to cross over (psychopomp).
· Shamanic Dreamwork: becoming the shamans of our own souls and healers of our own lives by understanding what our dreams (night and waking dreams) are telling us. The Sufis believe our soul (the “Soul of the Soul”) speaks to us in our dreams, showing us what we need to know. Dreams provide us with maps that we can use to travel to places for healing and problem solving. Using sacred Reiki symbols as powerful portals for dream re-entry and to create sacred and healing spaces for dream incubation.
· Community healing and ceremonies: creating healing circles, Prayer Trees, sacred space and celebrating the community aspect of healing. Reiki Master attunements, empowerments and initiation into a universal circle of healers through ancient fire ceremonies from different shamanic traditions.
Upon successful completion of this three-year training, the student will receive both the Usui/Tibetan Reiki Master Practitioner certification (required by ASCA Switzerland to be recognized as a certified Reiki practitioner) and the Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner certification of completion. The Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner certification of completion is required in order to apply for the two-year Shamanic Reiki Master Teacher training programme, which will commence in 2016.
Dates: The training will run over three calendar years and will consist of three residential components per annum, each of which will run over five days, and will take place at Chalet Ganesha in Champéry (Valais). This work is supplemented with supervised homework. We are currently accepting applications for the training, commencing in April 2013, with a five-day residential component at Chalet Ganesha, running from Thursday, 11th April – Monday, 15th April 2013. This is followed by two further residential components at Chalet Ganesha on 7th-11th August 2013 and 29th Nov-3th Dec 2013. Dates for the second and third year of the training will follow the same sequence. Annual fee: 1’500 CHF incl. VAT (fees and tuition only, not including food and accommodation). Annual costs for food and accommodation (full board): 1’500 CHF including tourist tax.
Full annual costs: 3'000 CHF payable in monthly installments (250 CHF a month).
To ensure the quality of this training, enrolment is limited to 12 places. This training is open to Reiki Level 2 practitioners and/or Reiki Level 3 Master Practitioners and the applicant must have completed the Introduction to Shamanic Journeying course or equivalent.
Please mail or email a letter of approximately two pages describing yourself as a person, detailing your Reiki and shamanic background/interest, the self-development work you have undertaken and what draws you to this Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner training. An interview may be necessary for some applicants. If your application is successful and a place is offered to you on the training, a non-refundable deposit of 250 CHF will be required at that point to secure your place. This training is led by Jacqueline Teoh, founder of Living Resonance and a Shamanic Reiki Master Teacher.
Website content and images © 2012 Living Resonance All Rights Reserved