3-Year Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner Programme
(currently under revision)
Residential, Chalet Ganesha, Champéry (Swiss Alps)
led by Jacqueline Teoh
Shamanism and Reiki
Shamanism, humankind’s most ancient spiritual practice spanning over 100’000 years, was practiced by our ancestors for problem solving and healing. Reiki, a healing technique of channeling Universal Life Force energy, was re-discovered in Japan in the early 1900’s by Dr. Mikao Usui. "Since the discovery of his early writings, it becomes clear that Dr. Usui was indeed a follower of Buddhism but he was also a believer in various shamanic concepts, and he practiced shamanic techniques" - Jim PathFinder Ewing, author of Reiki Shamanism (2008).
Shamanism teaches us how to have direct revelation from working with the “invisible realms” of energy and spirit, to create harmony and balance in our lives and for the earth, our home. This is achieved through the practices of soul healing, healing with songs and nature, ceremonies and rituals, and transfiguration. Reiki provides a simple yet profound method of focusing Universal Life Force energy, using sacred symbols and sounds, meditation practices and healing attunements to heal oneself and our world.
“Shamanism and Reiki are by themselves, powerful paths to healing. Together, their power multiplies” - Llyn Roberts and Robert Levy authors of Shamanic Reiki (2008).
I have been called by my teachers and helpers in spiritual reality to start teaching Shamanic Reiki and the time is now! My clients and I have experienced the deep healing that can take place with the alchemy of Shamanism and Reiki. Shamanism has helped me as a Reiki practitioner, to understand some of the phenomena that can occur during (and as a result of) Reiki treatments that my traditional Reiki training was not able to entirely explain. I am pleased to offer this long-term training to help Reiki practitioners and anyone who wish to safely and deeply explore an expanded paradigm of well-being that is essential to our own and the planet’s health, as we dance together through increasingly complex and challenging times.
With bright blessings!
Founder, Living Resonance
Shamanic Reiki Master Teacher
"Looking back on the first year of the Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner programme, I realize how much has already changed in those past months. The deep personal work we all engage in is an eye-opening experience and led to choices that are continuously transforming my life. The residential training with its ceremonies, teachings and pratical exercices, the homework and studying, the wonderful group of people that came together as a tribe; it all is merging into this big, enriching, challenging and intense adventure! Most importantly, however, it brought me closer to my true self... THANK YOU, Tribe of the Sacred Willow and especially Jacqueline for making this happen!" - Katharina
3-Year Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner Training Programme
The Shamanic Reiki Practitioner training is an intensive programme which will allow one to awaken to the spiritual (non-ordinary) reality, experience the ancient healing powers of shamanic practices woven into the energy medicine of Reiki. This training is also about learning fundamental life skills and how to use these skills in the contemporary world to lead a more fulfilling and joyful existence.
This three-year training is specifically designed for those who wish to expand their traditional Reiki or any energy healing practice by integrating shamanism, an ancestral eco-spiritual tradition into their practice to bring their path to a completely new level of spiritual insight and healing ability with a view to becoming skilled Shamanic Reiki practitioners. This programme is also for those who simply wish to practice Shamanic Reiki as a way of life and as a practical path to authenticity. This programme cannot and will not certify one to be a shaman. It is the successful results in healing that make a person recognized by his/her clients and/or community as a shaman or healer.
The Shamanic Reiki Practitioner Programme is made up of nine components (each component consist of 4-night residential training over a weekend) spread over three years, with ongoing supervised homework. Each component builds on the previous component and is vital for the step-by-step personal and spiritual development of the Shamanic Reiki practitioner.
The training will include, but will not be limited to, the following areas of work that will be further supplemented by ceremony, Reiki Master and healing attunement via symbols and transmission; initiation and pilgrimage:
· Shamanic Reiki as a way of life: understanding and experiencing our bodies as sacred vessels to receive and radiate Universal Life Force Energy (Rei-ki). Understanding the world of spirits, connecting and communicating with nature as the “visible face of the Divine”. Deepening the practice of shamanic divination by learning how to journey and divine information, both at the request for oneself and for others. Energetic practices (including the use of crystals, Usui/Tibetan Reiki symbols, stones) that heal, expand consciousness and heighten intuition will be taught and experienced. Navigating through non-ordinary (expanded) reality and creating Medicine Wheels to give and receive Shamanic Reiki healings. Retrieving and receiving Shamanic Reiki guides and power objects.
· Shadow Work/”Know Thyself”: using the Shamanic Journeying technique, ceremonial mask work, art, dance, theatre and Reiki methods/symbols to uncover the shadow and to heal. Understanding the importance of being a Healed Healer before walking the path as a Spiritual Warrior. Understanding the nature of the shadow and our own shadows in two parts: Part One - unconcealing the shadow: Part Two – owning our shadows and bringing our shadows into the light for healing.
· Spirit as the Sacred Counselor: deepening the ancient method of shamanic journeying (practice in crafting questions effectively, further exploration of the shamanic cosmology, interpretation of one's own symbolic language, mediumship, working with masks and costumes etc). Preparing practitioners as counselors of the method, to use this simple, yet powerful, spiritual system of problem solving and life-enlightenment, for themselves or for others, if called to do so.
· Integrated Soul Healing: understanding the nature of illness from a shamanic perspective. Using advanced shamanic and Reiki methods of extracting and transmuting energetic intrusions in the body, removing deleterious energetic cords and energetic foot root clearing. Conduct comprehensive absentee Shamanic Reiki healing sessions. This covers an in-depth training of Soul Retrieval (conducted as a 5-day component) and Shamanic Reiki Compassionate Depossession.
· Death as a Sacred Ally: understanding death as a sacred transition and ally to help us prepare for our own death as well as for living our lives. Explore the map in the non-ordinary reality where our souls might travel to after death; using shamanic and Reiki tools to help a dying person cross over onto the other side as well as helping the spirits of the deceased to cross over (psychopomp).
· Shamanic Dreamwork: becoming the shamans of our own souls and healers of our own lives by understanding what our dreams (night and waking dreams) are telling us. The Sufis believe our soul (the “Soul of the Soul”) speaks to us in our dreams, showing us what we need to know. Dreams provide us with maps that we can use to travel to places for healing and problem solving. Using sacred Reiki symbols as powerful portals for dream re-entry and to create sacred and healing spaces for dream incubation.
· Community healing and ceremonies: land and space clearing and healing, creating healing circles, Prayer Trees, sacred space and celebrating the community aspect of healing. Reiki Master attunements, empowerments and initiation into a universal circle of healers through ancient fire ceremonies from different shamanic traditions.
Upon successful completion of this three-year training*, the student will receive both the Usui/Tibetan Reiki Master (or Reiki level 3) Practitioner certification (required by ASCA Switzerland to be recognized as a certified Reiki practitioner) and the Shamanic Reiki Master Practitioner certification of completion. *The Usui/Tibetan Reiki Master Practitioner certification will be issued at the end of year one of the training.
Dates: The training will run over three calendar years and will consist of three residential components per annum, each of which will run over four nights (over a weekend), and will take place at Chalet Ganesha in Champéry (Valais). This work is supplemented with supervised homework. The 2013-2015 intake is now full and closed. We are currently revising the contents and dates for the next 3-year training. Location of training is subject to change.
Annual fee: 1’500 CHF incl. VAT (fees and tuition only, not including food and accommodation).
Annual costs for food and accommodation (full board)*: under revision
Max participants: 12-15
To ensure the quality of this training, enrolment is limited to 12-15 places. This training is open to Reiki Level 2 practitioners and/or Reiki Level 3 Master Practitioners and the applicant must have completed the Introduction to Shamanic Journeying course or equivalent. In general, this training programme is open to all and applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis (other spiritual, energy and personal development work done to date can be considered).
Please complete this questionnaire, detailing your Reiki and shamanic background/interest (otherwise none is assumed), the self-development work you have undertaken and what draws you to this Shamanic Reiki Practitioner training. An interview may be necessary for some applicants. If your application is successful and a place is offered to you on the training, a non-refundable deposit of 250 CHF will be required (cash/bank transfer) at that point to secure your place.
Photos of Chalet Ganesha, Champery - visit www.chaletganesha.com